IDSGT Wraps Up 2020 with a Thank You Call to Volunteers
The team came together for an all-inclusive Friday call over Zoom to celebrate the amazing work and contributions across the volunteer-based organization. With team members across the operations arm, key partners, GoldenTALK volunteer hotline workers, and volunteers from the communications team, the call was a celebration of a job well done.
It’s no surprise that 2020 proved to be an incredibly challenging year for all, but it’s been especially hard for the senior population hit with the risk of catching COVID-19 as a vulnerable population in addition to the inability to carry out regular tasks like grocery shopping, paying bills and seeking health care assistance.
The I Did Something Good Today is proud to announce their achievements for the year:
- Over 20,000 calls were made on GoldenTALK since March 2020
- Over 2,000 deliveries were made to seniors since April 2020
- Over 1,200 seniors received rental assistance
- Over 400 people showed up to volunteer with the nonprofit charity
- Over 900 wellness calls were made to seniors as a check-in
- Over 10,000 resources, including information, food, assistance and more were provided this year
I Did Something Good Today made great strides to provide help and assistance to the Los Angeles-county senior population, but it wasn’t possible without the help of critical partners. We give thanks to the wonderful folks here and their teams for helping us achieve our vision this year! Be sure to follow and thank them yourselves on social.
Key success partners for 2020:
- Diana Chu at Telzio
- Randy Johnson at Access Transportation
- Dulce Acosta & Rocio Flores at USC Civic Engagement
- Jenna Hauss at ONEGeneration
- Nautica de la Cruz as our Nostalgic Radio Ambassador
- Yael Hagen at the Personal Assistance Services Council and Kurt Hagen at the Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority (LAHSA) for their powerhouse connections and support in assisting us achieve our goals
- Jean Galiana (our incredibly helpful Gerontologist) at the Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority (LAHSA)
And an another congratulations to our Volunteer of the Year 2020, Luis Rodriguez, for his amazing work on the GoldenTALK hotline. You’ve brought so much joy and comfort to the folks in our senior community.
Thank you all for your support and energy. We’re looking forward to the year 2021! If you’d like to learn more about how you can volunteer or donate, please visit our website.