The Keeps – by Elizabeth Yeo
Do you ever wonder if, sometimes, people shorten their lives because they are not being useful? Sometimes people come to a point in their lives and say, “okay, I’m 55 and I’ve got 10 more years to work then, I’m finished”. When you tell your body you’re “finished”, your body begins to break down because your mind sends your body a message, “I’m finished”. Finished doing what? We are to be fruitful all the days of our lives like the palm tree or cedars of Lebanon. So how can we do this?
- Keep Learning – When you cease to learn, you cease to grow. You start to decay.
- Remain toxin free! (watch what you eat and what you put on your skin)
- Eat organic foods
- Use vegan skincare products (try Arbonne)
- Exercise (walking is great and not too strenuous on the joints)
- Take a class or seminar
2. Keep Loving – We are to love one another. Without love there’s bitterness. Bitterness leads to
3. Keep Laughing – Improves your immune system, relieves pain, improves your mood.
4. Keep Leaving– Leave your cares behind. Don’t drag yesterday’s problems into the next day. Focus on the present, prepare for the future so you can leave behind a legacy.
5. Keep Longing (dreaming) -.You’re young and useful at any age if you’re still planning for
6. Keep Looking – Look your best. Do your best. Be your best. When you look your best, you are
going to act differently. When you feel good and you want to do good.
7. Keep Laboring – Bertha Smith was a missionary to China for 40 years.
When she was in her late 90s, she had speaking engagements
scheduled through age 105!
8. Keep Leaning – Live every day, leaning on God. (Psalm 37)
9. Keep Listening – To wise instruction. To wise counsel. To people in need.
The longer we live, our faith should be greater, our confidence stronger, our wisdom deeper.